Why Work For Us?
Columbia Wellness is proud to be a company of real people
committed to quality. We are focused on building a better future in mental
health and behavioral healthcare. We have established a strong referral base in
the community and we are invested in our clinical growth. We offer generous
training opportunities, free supervision, and a large spectrum of programs in
which you can work. Columbia Wellness is located in-between two major cities,
Seattle and Portland. By working with us you get the best of both small town
and big city life. You're close to the beach, the mountains, the quiet and the
city life. If you're looking for a place to call home and build a career, join
our team at Columbia Wellness. If you want to make a difference that matters then we want to
hear from you. Together we can do more.
A counselor technician provides outpatient support and mental health interventions to CW clients as directed by a Mental Health Primary Care Provider in the individual service plan. Counselor technicians augment therapy and psychiatric services by providing holistic support to ensure successful living in the least restrictive environment. They provide skill building, care coordination, and treatment support to empower individuals to assume control of their lives. The counselor technician may be assigned to a specific program at CW or may serve in several programs. The range of mental health interventions delivered by a counselor technician is established by the individual's demonstration of skill and knowledge. Proficiency must be established in order to deliver the service.
Summary of the Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide therapeutic interventions to individuals according to the individual service plan developed by the Therapist - Ongoing & timely communication with MHP required.
- Link individuals to other professional community resources
- Link individuals to natural supports, including educational, vocational, social, spiritual, and recreational resources
- Promote physical well-being and provide coordination with primary and specialty care providers
- Support skill acquisition to enhance self-sufficiency
- Provide skills training, including illness management, socialization, time management, parenting skills, independent living, budgeting, and other skills necessary to enhance self-sufficiency
- Observe individuals taking medications according to prescription
- Transport clients to behavioral health appointments
- Train individuals on the principles of Illness Management and Recovery (IMR)
- Refer individuals with substance use disorders to SUD treatment
- Assist in the facilitation of groups or lead them independently based on demonstrated proficiency of skill
- Attend collateral meetings with or on behalf of other clinical staff when requested
- Multidisciplinary teaming
- Identify needs not provided by CW staff and report them to the appropriate Therapist
- Demonstrate skill in working with challenging and vulnerable populations, including those with mental illness
- Complete all documentation, reporting, and other paperwork according to agency standards.
- Effectively use technology and software including but not limited to: computers, phones, email, EMR, etc.
- Be helpful, respectful, approachable and team-oriented.
- Manage time effectively, including but not limited to: planning ahead where possible and being punctual in person and with work performed
- Work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- Build strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Be receptive to feedback, willing to learn, and willing to embrace continuous improvement
- Attend all appropriate staff, organizational, and external meetings as assigned
- Representation to the public as assigned by supervisor
- Assist in other programs when assigned by supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- A counselor technician must have a high school diploma. Some college credits and/or a special proficiency preferred
- Registration in the state of Washington is required upon hire
- The counselor technician must have a valid Oregon or Washington driver's license and must clear a multi-state criminal background check
Salary: Starting at 17.99/hour
We are proud to be able to not only offer competitive compensations but also a benefit package that our employees love.
We offer all permanent full time employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision paid in full for employees and children beginning the 1st of the month following 30 days of full-time employment. Spousal/Significant other coverage at a nominal cost to employee of just $46.95 per month.
- Long term disability and life insurance paid for by the employer
- 5% of gross pay put into a retirement plan by the employer. Immediately vested, no match requirement.
- 11 paid holidays
- 26 days of Paid Time Off per year
- Revenue Share
Columbia Wellness is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit our website: www.columbiawell.org to learn more about our organization.
Columbia Wellness is a private nonprofit organization that has been serving the community for over 70 years!