Why Work For Us?
Columbia Wellness is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. We are focused on building a better future in mental health and behavioral healthcare. We have established a strong referral base in the community and we are invested in our clinical growth. We offer generous training opportunities, free supervision, and a large spectrum of programs in which you can work. Columbia Wellness is located in-between two major cities, Seattle and Portland. By working with us you get the best of both small town and big city life. You're close to the beach, the mountains, the quiet and the city life. If you're looking for a place to call home and build a career, join our team at Columbia Wellness.
If you want to make a difference that matters then we want to hear from you. Together we can do more.
Some of What You'll Do:
This position provides non-clinical outpatient support services to all clients served within the CW Crisis Support Unit.
- Transportation (driving to--transporting client--waiting for client to transport home).
- Location of clients by contact of phone and outreach with other community providers.
- Identifying and connecting with community resources for clients (i.e. research housing options, assisting with interviewing for housing, employment, etc.).
- One-to-one education and support to a client regarding specific topics (i.e. resumes, applying for community resources, money management).
- Assistant to group facilitator.
- Collateral meetings with Counselors, PCP's, Medical, PAC-supportive meetings.
- Peer support and advocacy activities.
- Assistance with daily living.
- Meet predesignated productivity standards.
- Assist clients with activities of daily living.
- Fill in for Administrative (answering phones, making appointments)
- Paperwork (progress notes, incident reports, service reports, schedules, mileage).
- Group paperwork preparation work (fliers, roster, sending letters).
- Coordination of services with other treatment providers.
- Assist with discharge planning.
- Assisting clients in meeting their treatment goals while they are residing within the CSU.
What We Require:
- A support specialist must have a high school diploma. Some college credits preferred and/or a special proficiency or expertise must be demonstrated.
- Registration in the state of Washington is required (upon hire).
- The Support Specialist must have a valid Oregon or Washington driver's license and must clear a multi-state criminal background check.
- Support Specialists must be able to communicate effectively and demonstrate a positive, respectful regard for clients. The ability to constructively resolve conflict is a benefit to this position.
Salary: $16.00 per hour
We are proud to be able to not only offer competitive compensations but also a benefit package that our employees love.
We offer all permanent full-time employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision paid in full for the employee and their family
- Long term disability and life insurance paid for by the employer
- 5% of gross pay put into a retirement plan by the employer. Immediately vested, no match requirement.
- 9 paid holidays
- 25 days of Paid Time Off per year
*NO Phone Calls Please!
Columbia Wellness is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit our website: www.columbiawell.org to learn more about our organization.
Columbia Wellness is a private nonprofit organization that has been serving the community for over 60 years!