Why Work For Us?
Columbia Wellness is
proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. We are focused on
building a better future in mental health and behavioral healthcare. We have
established a strong referral base in the community and we are invested in our
clinical growth. We offer generous training opportunities, free supervision,
and a large spectrum of programs in which you can work. Columbia Wellness is
located in-between two major cities, Seattle and Portland. By working with us
you get the best of both small town and big city life. You're close to the
beach, the mountains, the quiet and the city life. If you're looking for a
place to call home and build a career, join our team at Columbia Wellness.
If you want to make a
difference that matters then we want to hear from you. Together we can do more.
Some of What You'll Do:
initial and ongoing assessments for individuals wishing to receive outpatient
mental health treatment in order to determine if the individual has a
qualifying DSM-5 diagnosis and to formulate a treatment plan. Clinicians
conducting intakes provide the foundation for client care, guiding the client
to the best evidence based treatment modalities for their presenting concerns.
Individual, family, and group therapy are provided to treat a broad array of
behavioral health disorders, including facilitation to a Medical Home. Clinical
services are provided with a context of multi-agency collaboration with an
emphasis on effective, outcome-oriented treatment. Natural and formal
supports are actively involved in treatment.
What We Require:
- Mental Health Professional as defined in WAC
388-865-0238 or its successor, summarized as:
- Master's degree in social work, or
- Licensed mental health counselor, licensed mental
health counselor associate, licensed marriage and family therapist,
licensed marriage and family therapist associate, or
- Master's degree in counseling or social services from
an accredited college and two years of experience in the direct treatment
of individuals with mental illness obtained under the supervision of a
mental health professional
- *Recent graduates are not subject to the required two
years' experience. Recent graduates shall receive a higher level of
supervision until they 1) meet the WAC Mental Health Professional
definition, or 2) receive a MHP waiver
- Master's or Nursing degree in counseling and/or social
services related field from an accredited college or university required.
- LMHCA or LMFTA required, licensure preferred.
- State of Washington mental health specialty in child,
disability (developmental disability/serious physical handicap or sensory
impairment), and/or older adult populations preferred.
- Clinical competence in providing assessment, supportive
services, education, and therapy to children, youth and their natural
- Clinical competence in providing assessments using the
- Clinical competence in treatment planning
- Clinical competence in the provision of individual,
family and group treatment.
- Ability to plan work to ensure efficient use of time,
establishment of goals, non-duplication of effort, scheduling of projects,
getting projects started without delay.
- Ability to function as a team member.
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and
others to maintain respect, confidence and positive public relations.
- Reliability in performance of assignments:
conscientiously, accurately & effectively.
- Cooperative, enthusiastic attitude towards their work,
displaying a professional image to the community.
- Capacity for accepting responsibility & acting
independently to achieve goals.
- Ability to express self clearly and effectively.
- Ability to be flexible and manage urgent and crisis
- Commitment to providing behavioral health services to
children, youth, and their families.
- Commitment to continued professional development.
- Ability to motivate staff and develop a working team
around individual cases.
- Values and actively participates in supervision.
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications. If offered a position you will
also receive a $1000 signing bonus and have the potential to have
relocation costs up to $1500 covered if outside a 65 mile radius.
This position is a part
of a union (OPEIU Local 11)
We are proud to be able
to not only offer competitive compensations but also a benefit package that our
We offer all permanent
- Medical, Dental and Vision paid in full for the
employee and their family
- Long term disability and life insurance paid for by the
- 5% of gross pay put into a retirement plan by the
employer. Immediately vested, no match requirement.
- 9 paid holidays and 1 paid floater per year.
- 8 hours of sick leave per month
- 3 weeks of paid vacation in the 1st year of employment,
4 weeks after the first year and 5 weeks after 4 years.
- 3 pay increases within the first year of employment
*NO Phone Calls Please!
Columbia Wellness is an
Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit our website: www.columbiawell.org to
learn more about our organization.
Columbia Wellness is a
private nonprofit organization that has been serving the community for over 60