Why Work For Us?
Columbia Wellness is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. We are focused on building a better future in mental health and behavioral healthcare. We have established a strong referral base in the community and we are invested in our clinical growth. We offere generous training opportunities, free supervision, and a large spectrum of programs in which you can work. Columbia Wellness is located in-between two major cities, Seattle and Portland. By working with us you get the best of both small town and big city life. You're close to the beach, the mountains, the quiet and the city life. If you're looking for a place to call home and build a career, join our team at Columbia Wellness.
If you want to make a difference that matters then we want to hear from you. Together we can do more.
Some of What You'll Do:
A support specialist provides outpatient support and mental health intervention to clients of CW when prescribed by a Mental Health Therapist. The range of mental health interventions delivered by a counselor technician is established by the individual's demonstration of skill and knowledge. Proficiency must be established in order to deliver the service.
- Transportation (driving to--transporting client--waiting for client to transport home).
- Location of clients by contact of phone and outreach with other community providers.
- Identifying and connecting with community resources for clients (i.e. research housing options, assisting with interviewing for housing, employment, etc.).
- One-to-one education and support to a client regarding specific topics (i.e. resumes, applying for community resources, money management).
- Assistant to group facilitator.
- Peer support and advocacy activities.
- Assistance with daily living.
- Meet predestinated productivity standards.
- Assist clients with activities of daily living.
- Paperwork (progress notes, incident reports, service reports, schedules, mileage).
- Group paperwork preparation work (fliers, roster, sending letters).
- Coordination of services with other treatment providers.
- Assist with discharge planning.
- Assisting clients in meeting their treatment goals while they are residing within the CSU.
What We Require:
- A support specialist must have a high school diploma. Some college credits preferred and/or a special proficiency or expertise must be demonstrated.
- Registration in the state of Washington is required (upon hire).
- The Support Specialist must have a valid Oregon or Washington driver's license and must clear a multi-state criminal background check.
- Support Specialists must be able to communicate effectively and demonstrate a positive, respectful regard for clients. The ability to constructively resolve conflict is a benefit to this position.
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred
Salary: $14.25 per hour
This position is a part of a union (OPEIU Local 11)
We are proud to be able to not only offer competitive compensations but also a benefit package that our employees love.
We offer all permanent full-time
- Medical, Dental and Vision paid in full for the
employee and their family
- Long term disability and life insurance paid for by the
- 5% of gross pay put into a retirement plan by the
employer. Immediately vested, no match requirement.
- 9 paid holidays and 1 paid floater per year.
- 8 hours of sick leave per month
- 3 weeks of paid vacation in the 1st year of employment,
4 weeks after the first year and 5 weeks after 4 years.
- 3 pay increases within the first year of employment
*NO Phone Calls Please!
Columbia Wellness is an Equal
Visit our website: www.columbiawell.org to
learn more about our organization.
Columbia Wellness is a private
nonprofit organization that has been serving the community for over 60 years!