A counselor technician provides
outpatient support and mental health interventions to CW clients as directed by
a Mental Health Primary Care Provider in the individual service plan. Counselor technicians augment therapy and
psychiatric services by providing holistic support to ensure successful living
in the least restrictive environment.
They provide skill building, care coordination, and treatment support to
empower individuals to assume control of their lives. The counselor technician may be assigned to a
specific program at CW or may serve in several programs. The range of mental health interventions
delivered by a counselor technician is established by the individual's
demonstration of skill and knowledge.
Proficiency must be established in order to deliver the service.
Summary of the Essential Duties and
- Provide therapeutic
interventions to individuals according to the individual service plan developed
by the Therapist - Ongoing & timely communication with MHP required.
- Link individuals to other professional community resources
- Link individuals to natural supports, including educational,
vocational, social, spiritual, and recreational resources
- Promote physical
well-being and provide coordination with primary and specialty care providers
- Support skill acquisition to enhance self-sufficiency
- Provide skills training, including illness
management, socialization, time management, parenting skills, independent
living, budgeting, and other skills necessary to enhance self-sufficiency
- Observe individuals
taking medications according to prescription
- Transport clients to
behavioral health appointments
- Train individuals on
the principles of Illness Management and Recovery (IMR)
- Refer individuals
with substance use disorders to SUD treatment
- Assist in the
facilitation of groups or lead them independently based on demonstrated
proficiency of skill
- Attend collateral
meetings with or on behalf of other clinical staff when requested
- Identify needs not
provided by CW staff and report them to the appropriate Therapist
- Demonstrate skill in working
with challenging and vulnerable populations, including those with mental
- Complete all documentation, reporting, and other paperwork according
to agency standards.
- Effectively use
technology and software including but not limited to: computers, phones, email,
- Be helpful,
respectful, approachable and team-oriented.
- Manage time effectively, including but not limited to:
planning ahead where possible and being punctual in person and with work
- Work efficiently both
independently and as part of a team.
- Build strong working
relationships and a positive work environment.
- Be receptive to
feedback, willing to learn, and willing to embrace continuous improvement
- Attend all
appropriate staff, organizational, and external meetings as assigned
- Representation to the
public as assigned by supervisor
- Assist in other programs
when assigned by supervisor
- Other duties as
- A counselor
technician must have a high school diploma.
Some college credits and/or a special proficiency preferred
- Registration in the state
of Washington is required upon hire
- The counselor
technician must have a valid Oregon or Washington driver's license and must
clear a multi-state criminal background check
We are proud to be able to not only offer competitive compensations but also a benefit package that our employees love.
We offer all permanent full time employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision paid in full for the employee and their family
- Long term disability and life insurance paid for by the employer
- 5% of gross pay put into a retirement plan by the employer. Immediately vested, no match requirement.
- 9 paid holidays and 1 paid floater per year.
- 6.5 sick days per year
- 3 weeks of paid vacation in the 1st year of employment, 4 weeks after the first year and 5 weeks after 4 years.
- Pay increases for each year of employment
*NO Phone Calls Please!
Columbia Wellness is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit our website: www.columbiawell.org to learn more about our organization.
Columbia Wellness is a private nonprofit organization that has been serving the community for over 60 years!