Why Work For Us?
Columbia Wellness is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. We are focused on building a better future in mental health and behavioral healthcare. We have established a strong referral base in the community and we are invested in our clinical growth. We offer generous training opportunities, free supervision, and a large spectrum of programs in which you can work. Columbia Wellness is located in-between two major cities, Seattle and Portland. By working with us you get the best of both small town and big city life. You're close to the beach, the mountains, the quiet and the city life. If you're looking for a place to call home and build a career, join our team at Columbia Wellness.
If you want to make a difference that matters then we want to hear from you. Together we can do more.
Some of What You'll Do:
The A/R Specialist performs entry of client service activity to the Electronic Health Record (EHR), client billing, reconciling of all billing accounts, monthly closing in the EHR and EHR super user tasks.
Summary of the Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain accounts receivable.
- Billing reconciliation.
- Monthly closing process in EHR.
- Mailing monthly billing statements.
- Collections review with billing manager.
- Client and Customer interaction regarding billings.
- Review billing reconciliation with billing manager.
- Effective use of technology and software including but not limited to: computers, phones, email, EHR, etc.
- Be helpful, respectful, approachable and team-oriented.
- Effective time management including but not limited to: planning ahead where possible and be punctual in person and work performed.
- Build strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Be receptive to feedback, willing to learn, and embracing continuous improvement.
- Complete all documentation, reporting, and other paperwork per agency standards.
- Attend all appropriate staff, organizational, and external meetings (as assigned).
- Work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We Require:
- Three (3) years of billing experience in an office setting.
- Knowledge of billing and collections, billing software, reconciliation of billing accounts, as well as experience with computers and business machines.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or equivalent is required. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted year for year for education.
This position is a part of a union (OPEIU Local 11)
We are proud to be able to not only offer competitive compensations but also a benefit package that our employees love.
We offer all permanent full time employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision paid in full for the employee and their family
- Long term disability and life insurance paid for by the employer
- 5% of gross pay put into a retirement plan by the employer. Immediately vested, no match requirement.
- 9 paid holidays and 1 paid floater per year.
- 6.5 sick days per year
- 3 weeks of paid vacation in the 1st year of employment, 4 weeks after the first year and 5 weeks after 4 years.
- 2 pay increases within the first year of employment
*NO Phone Calls Please!
Columbia Wellness is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit our website: www.columbiawell.org to learn more about our organization.
Columbia Wellness is a private nonprofit organization that has been serving the community for over 60 years!