Why Work For Us?
Columbia Wellness is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. We are focused on building a better future in mental health and behavioral healthcare. We have established a strong referral base in the community, and we are invested in our clinical growth. We offer generous training opportunities, free supervision, and a large spectrum of programs in which you can work. Columbia Wellness is located in-between two major cities, Seattle and Portland. By working with us you get the best of both small town and big city life. You're close to the beach, the mountains, the quiet and the city life. If you're looking for a place to call home and build a career, join our team at Columbia Wellness. If you want to make a difference that matters, then we want to hear from you. Together we can do more.
The Administrative Professional is responsible for answering, and prioritizing phone calls, scheduling appointments, receiving/sending faxes, collecting client payments, mail distribution, writing service reports, room schedule, general office duties as necessary, and other duties as assigned by the Department Administrator.
Summary of the Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates central telephone station and responds to all calls immediately. Forwards Emergency calls to Crisis Response Services.
- Schedules all appointments.
- Handles all client information and Center activities in a confidential manner in keeping with Center policy.
- Contacts all clients 24 hours prior to their appointment.
- Contact clients after no-show/cancel, offering assistance of Crisis Response Services as necessary.
- Takes messages and relay accurate information to appropriate person.
- Places calls to clients if requested by therapist.
- Refers specialized questions to the appropriate therapist or supervisor.
- Schedule support team meetings and groups.
- Complete intake paperwork for new clients.
- Collects cash, writes receipts and records cash payments.
- Collects proof of insurance as requested.
- Prepares forms for clients as indicated, (ROI, applications).
- Perform miscellaneous data entry (transfers, client update, etc.).
- Lock-up at the end of each day and secure office.
- Oversee the waiting room and report unusual activities to appropriate staff or supervisor.
- Effective use of technology and software including but not limited to: computers, phones, email, EMR, etc.
- Ability to work with difficult cases and vulnerable populations.
- Be helpful, respectful, approachable and team-oriented.
- Effective time management including but not limited to: planning ahead where possible and be punctual in person and work performed.
- Build strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Be receptive to feedback, willing to learn, and embrace continuous improvement.
- Complete all documentation, reporting, and other paperwork per agency standards.
- Attend all appropriate staff, organizational, and external meetings (as assigned).
- Work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to Respond to and tolerate difficult people and crisis situations.
- Strong communication, writing, computer and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Proficiency, professionalism, and good judgment skills.
- Bi-lingual is a plus.
Salary: Starting at $15.55/hr
This position is a part of a union (OPEIU Local 11)
Columbia Wellness is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit our website: www.columbiawell.org to learn more about our organization.
Columbia Wellness is a private nonprofit organization that has been serving the community for over 70 years!