Why Work For Us?
Columbia Wellness is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. We are focused on building a better future in mental health and behavioral healthcare. We have established a strong referral base in the community and we are invested in our clinical growth. We offer generous training opportunities, free supervision, and a large spectrum of programs in which you can work. Columbia Wellness is located in-between two major cities, Seattle and Portland. By working with us you get the best of both small town and big city life. You're close to the beach, the mountains, the quiet and the city life. If you're looking for a place to call home and build a career, join our team at Columbia Wellness. If you want to make a difference that matters then we want to hear from you. Together we can do more.Position Overview
The Administrative Professional is
responsible for answering, and prioritizing phone calls, scheduling
appointments, receiving/sending faxes, collecting client payments, mail
distribution, writing service reports, room schedule, general office duties as
necessary, and other duties as assigned by the Department Administrator.
Summary of the Essential Duties and
- Operates central telephone station and responds to all calls
immediately. Forwards Emergency calls to Crisis Response Services.
- Schedules all appointments.
- Handles all client information and Center activities in a
confidential manner in keeping with Center policy.
- Contacts all clients 24 hours prior to their appointment.
- Contact clients after no-show/cancel, offering assistance of
Crisis Response Services as necessary.
- Takes messages and relay accurate information to appropriate
- Places calls to clients if requested by therapist.
- Refers specialized questions to the appropriate therapist or supervisor.
- Schedule support team meetings and groups.
- Complete intake paperwork for new clients.
- Collects cash, writes receipts and records cash payments.
- Collects proof of insurance as requested.
- Prepares forms for clients as indicated, (ROI, applications).
- Perform miscellaneous data entry (transfers, client update, etc.).
- Lock-up at the end of each day and secure office.
- Oversee the waiting room and report unusual activities to
appropriate staff or supervisor.
- Effective use of
technology and software including but not limited to: computers, phones, email,
- Ability to work with
difficult cases and vulnerable populations.
- Be helpful,
respectful, approachable and team-oriented.
- Effective time
management including but not limited to: planning ahead where possible and be punctual
in person and work performed.
- Build strong working
relationships and a positive work environment.
- Be receptive to
feedback, willing to learn, and embrace continuous improvement.
- Complete all
documentation, reporting, and other paperwork per agency standards.
- Attend all
appropriate staff, organizational, and external meetings (as assigned).
- Work efficiently both
independently and as part of a team.
- Other duties as
- Ability to Respond to
and tolerate difficult people and crisis situations.
- Strong communication,
writing, computer and analytical skills.
- Ability to work
independently with little or no supervision.
professionalism, and good judgment skills.
- Bi-lingual is a plus.
Columbia Wellness is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit our website: www.columbiawell.org to learn more about our organization.
Columbia Wellness is a private nonprofit organization that has been serving the community for over 70 years!